Anger does not begin to describe how I feel about the Trayvon Martin case. Rage is more accurate. Some wanna-be rent a cop with a history of violent behavior stole Trayvon’s life. Now I’m left wondering how many young black and brown boys systematically murdered without cause. Thankfully this case is gathering national attention and Travyon’s family may see justice.
1. Trayvon Martin was visiting his father and stepmother.
2. Child murderer George Zimmerman spotted Tryavon.
3. George Zimmerman thought Tryavon Martin looked “suspicious” (i.e black people aren’t allowed to conduct their business without some paranoid racist thinking they are up to no good. Yeah I said it.)
4. George Zimmerman called 911
5. The 911 dispatcher told George Zimmerman to not pursue the suspect and wait for police.
6. George Zimmerman ignored the 911 dispatcher’s instructions and pursued Trayvon Martin
7. A confrontation between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin occurred.
8. Neighbors have come forth and stated they heard Tryavon Martin cry out for help
9. By time the police arrived, Trayvon Martin was found dead with a bullet wound to the chest 100 yards from his father’s home.
10. George Zimmerman was found with a bloody nose and claimed self-defense.
11. Based SOLELY on his word, the Sanford Police did not arrest George Zimmerman despite the fact that there is a dead 17-year-old child with a bullet wound to the chest
12. Zimmerman was charged with battery and resisting arrest in 2005. His record was later expunged.
13. George Zimmerman has a permit to carry a weapon.
14. Self Defense allows a person to use reasonable force in his or her own defense or the defense of others
15. Under the facts of the case, the use of deadly force was unlawful. The Sanford police should have made an arrest especially since the the 911 dispatcher advised Zimmerman to not confront Martin. Zimmerman was the antagonist int his situation.
Moxie’s Theory on what really happened:
Based on my understanding of the case, I believe that Zimmerman approached Martin. Martin (17-year-old who was probably taught not to talk to strangers) saw some belligerent White man approaching him and wasn’t sure what to think. For all he knew Zimmerman intended to harm him (which he ultimately did). Martin attempted to walk away but then Zimmerman tried to restrain the young man. Martin acted in self-defense by fighting back and got the best of Zimmerman. Zimmerman became angry and pulled out a gun. Martin cried out for help before Zimmerman shot him in the chest. Before the police arrived, Zimmerman concocted some story because he knew if he didn’t claim self-defense, the police would have arrested him.
- Obstructed Justice: The Death of Trayvon Martin (tigerbeatdown.com)
- The Nation Is Watching: the Killer of Trayvon Martin MUST Be Arrested (UPDATE) (theindustrycosign.wordpress.com)